E3 2019 Game News, Reveals, Trailers and More  Print
Another E3 has come and gone, I guess the 365-day countdown has already started as we eagerly await E3 2020! So what did E3 have to offer this year? Well, if you missed out on all the news, don't stress because here is everything that went down at E3 2019. So before we start can I just say oh my gosh... Keanu Reeves talking to us about Cyberpunk 2077 and giving us the release date, how fricken cool!
It's no surprise that Cyberpunk has kept us all on our toes and done things differently, this year at E3 was no different. The man of the year himself Keanu Reeves! Keanu has been everywhere this year, with the latest John Wick coming out, a Fotrtnite skin, and now a vital character in Cyberpunk 2077. In True style, Keanu made his way out on stage and the crowd went wild, it was finally time to find out when Cyberpunk 2077 will be released and some more gameplay news and more of the storyline. Mad love to Keanu but I'm sure I can speak for many when I say I was a little disappointed. The gameplay was different from what CD Projekt Red had shown us last year. With destructible environments, the graphics weren't as good as well as fast traveling in the game still needed loading screens.
I don't want to be a bummer, but many of us had higher expectations after what was showcased last year. Other than that we get to hear more about the storyline of the game and Keanus character Jonny Silverhand. You, the player, play as V whether male or female you get linked with Jonny via a biochip that has been implanted in your head by Netwatch which can interface with your brain. Some have been saying that Jonny Silverhand can be the key to immortality as he plays such an important and somewhat main role in the game. I guess we will have to wait and see so we can get our hands on Cyberpunk 2077 and not leave the screen for weeks until we have finished the game...can't wait!
Official Release Date: 11 April 2020
I've been getting FIFA since the early 2000s and boy am I excited for FIFA 20! The trailer is epic as it showcases that they have brought back FIFA Streets and other epic stadiums and grounds you can play at, revamped shooting, better manual defending and an indoor mode called "Volta Football".
So here is what's new in FIFA 20:
- AI Defending, The computer controlled players will be less active and accurate whilst you, the player will perform better and see the benefits of manual defending rather than completely relying on the game. This will be more rewarding when winning a game, scoring a goal, etc.
- Passing, Passes will be much more accurate but the difficulty will increase when it comes to shots such as the 180-degree pass. Stronger hits will now be slowed down making it easier for you to stop them.
- Volta Football, FIFA Street is back and cooler than ever. You can customize players and online squads. There's a 3v3 player Rush with no goalkeepers, a 5v5 player rush as well as a 5v5 player Professional Futsal.
- Football Intelligence, Tying in with the user being able to manually control better there have been tweaks with the ball, physics and surrounding of the ball. This means that the way players hit the ball (part of the shoe, angle, etc.) will be considered as well as players will be scattered across the field in a more realistic way.
- Penalty kicks and Free kicks, The free kicks will be redone allowing you to have better control on the spin when it comes to making a shot. Penalty and free kicks will be easier in order to score epic goals.
- Strafe Dribbling, You will have the ability to lure in your opponent allowing you to take on the defender and have more dimension on your attack.
- Shooting and Composed Finishing, One on one shooting situations between you and the goalkeeper will be improved as the accuracy of the shot will be better and you will be able to make the shot easier while the goalkeeper's reactions are slowed down a bit. Goalkeepers will be a bit slower and when manually controlling the goalkeeper, you will have to commit to a direction when trying to make a save. It will be more realistic when scoring and facing up against the goalkeeper.
Official Release Date: 27 September 2019 (19 September for EA Access players on subscription)
DOOM has been a vital part of the gaming industry and has been around for a very long time. Since coming out in 1993 and with a reputation of being one of the most goriest and bloodiest games, Doom 5 will not disappoint! A storyline video was showcased at this years E3 and geepers does it look epic, messy, gruesome and everything DOOM is. Bethesda revealed that there will be a new battle mode which will be a 2 Demons versus 1 Doomguy mode for 3 players.
Here is more on what was said:
- Slayer 2.0, A new slayer is on the block with insane enhanced armor and an arsenal of equipment that will take anyone or creature out. These include an extendable blade, a flamethrower, a shoulder-mounted cannon, dash ability and new upgraded guns that include the Super Shotguns Meat Hook enhancements that take you left up to the enemies face.
- New Invasion, The new invasion mode allows the other players to invade your campaign in the form of a demon, but this is a 2-way street as you can join a demon horde and do the same thing. This can be done as a single player or multiple as a hunting party.
- New Demons, It's not entirely;y out with the old and in with the new, demons that have been throughout Doom will return such as Archvile, Pain Elemental and Arachnotron. Whilst there will be some new scary faces such as Marauders and Doom Hunter.
Official Release Date: 22 November 2019
As much as we were wanting the release date and more info about the game, gameplay and more, not much was said and given. Disappointing as we saw the first trailer 2 years ago and still no gameplay footage. We get that Halo Infinite will be the next-gen, but does that mean it will only be shown when Xbox Scarlett will be shown probably in 2020? I don't know but at this rate, it is taking way too long and we are pretty much where we started before E3..almost nothing new.
Halo 6 or otherwise known as Halo Infinite is still a work in progress, but hopefully, we get to see more soon. The trailer looks epic, but we want more, we want gameplay. I guess we will just have to wait and see...which seems like an Infinite lifetime.
Official Release Date: Said to be released in Winter 2020
Watch Dogs Legion
As we all saw the rumors floating around that Watch Dogs: Legion will be set in London, but post-Brexit London and well whoever started those rumors were 100% correct! Ubisoft showcased some epic gameplay showing the character Ian played by you finding his way through the streets of London. Ian tries to take on an organization who have put drones all over London to watch people and ensure they keep to strict rules and regulations. The organization is called Albion and you are in the resistance DeadSec.
Something cool is that you get to play as more than one character, pretty much any Londoner as they are fully simulated. Watch Dogs: Legion is more combat-heavy compared to its previous game, but the open-world is much more developed as you can roam around in the realistic interpretation of London from Camden market, Piccadilly Circus and more.
Official Release Date: 6 March 2020
Luigi's Mansion 3
A whopping 6 years have passed since the last Luigi game was released and boy are we excited for another Luigi's Mansion! Although the released wasn't confirmed or given at this years E3, Nintendo did give us some more information about the game.
Here is what you need to know:
- The Story, Luigi, Mario, Peach and co are all invited to stay at this hotel, but they soon realize that there are some not so friendly ghost that don't want to leave.
- Rooms, Some exciting new rooms include a film studio, a theatre stage and a greenhouse.
- ScareScaper Mode, In this fun competitive and Co-op mode, you clear rooms and take on ghosts while completing challenges and collecting coins.
- New Functions, These include the Suction Shot, the Slam and the Burst. One slams ghosts to the ground, the other attaches a plunger and pulls the ghost away destroying and the last one is an air pressure attack.
- Gooigi, It is said that Luigi has a ghostly, flubber like doppelganger and can now summon it to walk over spikes and slip through bars and doors.
Official Release Date: No official release date but said to be released sometime in 2019
Star Wars Jedi: Order Has Fallen
From what was seen at E3 almost everyone is super amped for Star Wars Jedi: Order Has Fallen to be released like asap please, but I guess we can wait a couple more months. while it was only a 15-minute gameplay, that was all we needed to sink our teeth into how epic this game looked. The gameplay showed Kashyyyk which is Chewbaccas homeland where the wookies are enslaved by the empires. Cal the Jedi is trying to restart the Jedi order and help set the wookies free.
The game is set in the 3rd Star Wars episode: Revenge of the Sith when Emperor Palpatine has executed the Order 66 and the Jedi were ambushed and killed by their own Clone Trooper soldiers. You play as the character Cal Kestis who was a former padawan Jedi. Cal was forced into hiding after the Jedi were ambushed and killed so Cal and a few others have been keeping a low profile. In the trailer, Cal uses his Force powers to fight the rogue troopers coming at him. It is said that there will be incredible environments and very story driven experiences.
You can check out the official gameplay on EA Star Wars official Youtube page or click on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1209&v=TtyoXez8ncU
Official Release Date: 15 November 2019
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
While there was no release date or not much information given. We are just flipped excited that there is a The Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild 2 coming out! While we don't even know the name of the sequel, what we do know is that it is in development. All we know is the moment they know, we want to know so we can start the countdown to the release of this hopefully super cool game.
Official Release Date: Unkown