Gaming Lingo Everyone Should Know
While playing online with fellow gamers, you may find yourself lost in translation when they start to use gaming lingo. Well, don't worry because we have you covered with 10 gaming terms so that you never have to feel like a "Noob" again.
- Is a slang term referred to a person who is a beginner gamer and does not have much experience or knowledge in any type of gaming.
- One thing that gamers always blame when they lose. This is when there is a delay between your real life action and when it translates that action in the game.
- This is when the game makes you carry out an unnecessary amount of tasks to drag on time, gamers usually hate this.
- A slang term for the word kill. In gaming if you kill someone, its known as a frag and is commonly used in multiplayer games.
- Is referred to as a computer-controlled player that can be found in battle arena games and FPS games.
- This acronym stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, games that are MOBA are DOTA, League of Legends and more. Like it says MOBA is many gamers online playing in one battle arena.
- Taken from the word "owned" it is used when someone has beaten/dominated or won against another player. The player that won will then say to the player that lost "you got PWND!".
8. Kill Ratio
- Gamers rank how good other gamers are based on their kill ratio. This refers to the number of kills they make in a single game. If the gamer has 10 kills with 0 deaths, their kill ratio is high compared to a gamer with 6 kills and 2 deaths.
9. Triple A (AAA)
- Games that are called or referred to as Triple-A mean that it is a big budget game that received a lot of backing and praise from critics and gamers around the world.
- This is when a player finds a spot on the map and sits and waits to kill people when they are near. This can be very annoying to other players because all of the players in one group need to be dead before a new match can start.
Now that you know a few gaming terms and lingo you can game without being left in the dark and join in with your newly learned gaming slang.