Comic Com Africa Week
In T minus 4 days Comic Con Africa will kick off on Friday the 14th of September to Sunday the 16th of September. This will be the first Comic Con in South Africa and to say we are excited is an understatement!
Comic Con is a mixture of geek culture and e-sports with a sea of cosplayers everywhere. As the weekend draws near, we sure hope that you have already purchased your tickets as Saturday and Sunday are both sold out. Gasp! Yes, I know, but don't worry as there are still tickets available for Friday. You can purchase your tickets on the Comic Con Africa site, click on the link to go straight to the website. https://www.comicconafrica.co.za/en.html
The Conference will be held at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit and International Convention Center
14th Friday- 9:00-20:00 (Available)
15th Saturday- 9:00-18:00 (Sold Out)
16th Sunday- 9:00-18:00 (Sold Out)
Comic Con Africa will have some amazing guests for us all to see, many people are upset as one of the main guests Jason Mamoa from Aquaman and Game of Thrones had to cancel his appearance because of a Broadway show he will be at the same time as Comic Con. Never the less there are other great guests, some of them are:
- Anthony Mackle- He starred in Avengers and Captian America and will make an appearance on Saturday and Sunday
- Travis Fimmel- He starred in Vikings and Warcraft and will be making an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Ricky Whittle- He starres in American Gods and 100 and will be making an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Kevin Sussman- He starres in the Big Bang Theory and in Ugly Betty and will be making an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Loyiso Mkize- He is an artist for Kwezi Comics and will make an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Mohale Masigo- She is a writer for Kwezi Comics will make an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Sean Izaakse- Comic book artist and has done deadpool, thunderbolts, Avengers and more, will make an appearance on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
There will be food to keep you energized throughout the fun-filled day, and no doubt an endless amount for you to do and see. First things first, outfits! Finding the perfect cosplay outfit is a must and if you do a bit of a search you will find an array of choices. Whether you want to go all out or do something chilled, that is up to you, but I am a sucker for dress up so will definitely be going as something cool. So until then, we will check you on Friday where we will be getting our geek on.
Check out the trailer below.